Getting polyphony working on MIDISID

I have three modes in mind for MIDISID. One is the General MIDI mode I've been demonstrating, another is 'polyphonic', which uses the voices of the SIDs (in this case 2 sids for 6-note polyphony) to allow you to use the SID voices with any MIDI controller (such as a keyboard).

Here I have my piano injecting MIDI into the MIDISID. It's very responsive, despite the fact that bluetooth and a USB-MIDI adaptor are involved.

I am only messing around here to demonstrate the responsiveness (which is superb) and the 6-note polyphony. There are no amazing SID sound effects (yet). So far just some plain patches to simulate various keyboards.  I am able to change 'patch' using the controls on my piano, although those don't match up with the GM program numbers that I'm implementing in the MIDISID.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

e-ther 2 - Announcement and full rundown of features

Enclosures for MIDISID

MIDISID - second batch and giveaway