#MIDISID Monday - the sound of goblins and first look at the form factor

I've started to realise that the quality of the sounds that I build into MIDISID will have a large effect on its appeal.

It will be fun to implement some of these:


What should 'Goblin' sound like??

These aren't my names, they're part of the General MIDI specification, anything that implements GM should implement all 127 of these sounds in some way. 

I've been away for most of this week but while away, the board I designed last week has arrived! As with the main board, this is a very quick and dirty iteration, just to get components off the breadboard and securely soldered together while I work on the firmware.

This little demo of the menu system is the same as the one I made last week, but here we can see the 2-board system I now have planned. There will be a third layer which is a face plate just below the knobs with a cut-out for the screen. Those three boards could be sandwiched for a nice-looking unit, or separated to fit into any box you like. Alternatively the bottom board will function standalone in general midi mode.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

e-ther 2 - Announcement and full rundown of features

Enclosures for MIDISID

MIDISID - second batch and giveaway